Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jawjarrose as Arkham City Harley!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Yes I'm aware that both times I've featured cosplayer Jawjarrose consisted of her in some form of Harley Quinn. That does not in any shape or form hinder me from doing so cause HOLY SMOKES AT THE PICS I HAVE! This time around she took on the Arkham City get up that's all sorts of flare and some form of sex appeal. The cosplay as a whole was purchased from a vendor but Jawjarrose did an absolutely amazing job in portraying Harley's crazy self. Not to mention the make up job is pretty stellar here too! I imagine the cosplay came equipped with everything including the wig and neck piece. Starting there, the wig is a bright blonde shade with twin pony tails dyed in red/black on their tips. Black and red are the main colors shown here throughout the cosplay. The top part looks to have a black undershirt with suspenders and a leather corset attached as a one piece. The bra area is colored on each side.

The pants look to be superbly comfy with a black belt around her waist. The gloves travel up to her elbows and are black/red in keeping with the theme. The color then alternates when you reach the hand portion. Black leather boots look to be rounding out the rest of the cosplay. What really made me want to do a STRUCK FIRST for this cosplay was the photos and Jawjarrose's posing. She comes off as both sexy and playful with her facial expressions. Plus there's a lot of dirt smudges throughout her face and skin. Definitely gives Harley a weathered look as if she's seen some rough stuff over in Arkham.

Photographer Shutterwolf did an amazing job with the photos I have to share with you and Jawjarrrose was incredibly kind in spoiling me with a variety of pics to choose from. I think I picked out the ones that highlight this cosplay the best! The pants are black and red for each leg with diamond spades in the other color. Enjoy this amazingly sweet girl proving she can be just as bad as the rest of Batman's Rogue Gallery :).








All Photos by Shutterwolf!

Jawjarrose is an incredibly talented cosplayer who happily shares what she's passionate about when it comes to her favorite characters and franchises! Definitely check out her work if you enjoyed this look at her Harley!

What's Popular?