Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Katyuska Moonfox

Photo by John Pryke

I recently Featured Katyuska Moonfox in a more recent cosplay she made! You can check that out here!

Being something that's 3-4 years in the making, you can imagine how freaking excited I am for today. By NOW if you aren't familiar with my super crush on waifu Katyuska Moonfox then that might change after you finish reading! I got the opportunity to interview Katyuska recently though not in the way you'd expect. Kat being the busy bee that she is was incredibly sweet enough to record herself answering all the questions I came up with! Oh and I may have gone overboard with the amount of pictures I chose but that's only cause Katyuska overall is a special person to me. In terms of cosplay, fitness and life in general she's a huge inspiration for me. Quick rundown for those not in the know, Katyuska Moonfox is an insanely talented cosplayer based in Australia. The cosplays she's done range from mostly anime and video gaming with the latter being her favorite.

For Kat, she tends to go for characters that are empowering and somewhat weird in ways much like herself. Video games tend to lead for easy attachments for her which is why Katyuska cosplays from them often. In the video you'll get a slight glimpse of her crazy fan theorist side with Final Fantasy which ultimately unlocked the real geek inside of her. Early memories of the PS1 and Crash Bandicoot, along with Mario growing up helped build her love for gaming. This journey eventually culminated into where she's at now with studying game design at University! Much like myself though, she hates the coding aspect XD.

Photo by John Pryke
Other things in the interview include an in-depth look at why Final Fantasy VIII is her favorite, touching on its "wtf-like" story which even made her make that expression. For 10 years Kat's been enshrouded in the world of cosplay with Patreon elevating it in some ways. Along with opening up experimental modeling for her as well, lewds and all! I apologize in advance also if some of the questions seem dated in terms of the cosplays I asked about but watching this video back gave me the biggest smile on my face.

Katyuska is one of the sweetest individuals I've had the pleasure of getting to know through following her cosplays. I pretty much have the moment of her telling me out of blue one day that she likes my cosplays and what I do engraved in my mind. I won't give away anymore of what the interview includes and have you all experience that yourself down below <3. PRAISE THE MOONBUTT!



Photo by Carlos Mayenco Photography


Photo by John Pryke 

Photo by John Pryke

Photo by What A Big Camera

Photo by What A Big Camera

Photo by What A Big Camera

Photo by John Pryke

Photo by John Pryke

Photo by John Pryke

Photo by John Pryke

From the bottom of my heart I can't thank Katyuska Moonfox enough for doing this with me. Seriously she's like one of my favorite cosplayers out of everyone I follow. Seeing her grow as an artist is incredibly rewarding. Not to mention someone of her popularity and skill recognizing my own work here and in cosplay makes me incredibly happy. A feeling that yes doing this blog is worth it and important to the cosplay community. I can't stress enough how you all need to follow Katyuska's work if you're not already! Check out these links below :) <3

What's Popular?