Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jenna Lynn Meowri's Princess Midna


Photo by Sarah Hall Photography

I can't remember the last time I've fallen so hard for a cosplayer so quick after I've discovered their work. Jenna Lynn Meowri is one such lady where pretty much within the first 2 days I was all heart eyes and starstruck. Aside from having a killer figure and a sweet personality, Jenna's done a pretty awesome rang of cosplays. From lewd shots of Smug Wendy to more recently a Sharpedo gijinka for ColossalCon, Jenna certainly won me over fast. For today however, I wanted to take a look at a previous outfit she made for Katsucon last year (I believe?), that being Midna's Princess Form from Twilight Princess. Although very brief, Midna takes this version upon finishing TP's story (uhhhh spoilers?) and it certainly catches Link off guard. Jenna here takes on the long flowing gown that's mute in color. Specifically with black and gray at the forefront. Body paint is actually used but only on her face, the rest of the exposed areas are mainly covered by gray fabric. Whether it's the hands or the legs, Jenna definitely thought this through. Saved her the hassle of being outside in body paint.

Photo by s1price lightworks
The main piece includes again the bodysuit which has black areas covering her chest and a cloak that's a sight to behold. In particular, the cloak has Twili (I'm guessing) inscriptions here in addition to a dark blue lining on the inside. Jenna's inner sleeves and leggings also come with distinct markings in neon green. Her wig is on the brighter side with orange being the primary hue and consists of a single ponytail. This looks to be joined together by some kind of gray cylinder piece which matches the headpiece up at the top. Speaking of which, the headpiece rests gently on top of Jenna's hood and has two antennas and end pieces. Most likely foam or worbla was used in the construction. There's also a small pendant piece that rests on her forehead.

Jenna absolutely killed it in the make up department. Purple covers nearly all of her eyes and matches with her lips in color. Two leg bands can be seen in that area in addition to heels Jenna probably modified. Flowing down her leg seems to be part of the skirt/dress all on one leg in a flirtatious manner (in one shot anyways). Silver lining on the edges and glyphs on the bodysuit. The photos look absolutely incredible and the cosplay as a whole looks beautiful on Jenna, superbly flattering might I add. Ok yea I'm entering full on gush/cosplay crush mode so uhhhh check out these pics <3.

Photo by Sarah Hall Photography
Photo by Sarah Hall Photography

Photo by Sean's Photography

If you liked what you saw, then definitely check out Jenna Lynn Meowri's Page for more cosplays like Witch Mercy and Miss Fortune. SHE'S A TOTAL CUTIE :D

What's Popular?