Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Stella Chuu's Tharja!

Photo by Martin Wong
Fire Emblem is a franchise that's gained quite the resurgence in popularity since Marth and Roy made their American debut as guest characters in Smash Bros. Apart from the brilliant strategy gameplay, it's also known for having god knows how many characters. Then you have some deemed waifus when you get into that sort of area. Such is the case where I have the super rad Stella Chuu as the crazy sorceress Tharja. Known for being weird in the game, her description/bio also mentions how warriors in battle take note of her...figure (not joking look that up). Stella does an absolutely killer job at bringing her to life here and I still geek out when I look at the pics. The cosplay consists of a giant cape attached to her shoulders and the pics I have to share show that off wonderfully. Golden fabric pieces are placed on certain parts alongside a black bra for the top.

Photo by Vaxzone
Mainly though covering Stella's body is a thin like black fabric that resembles stockings of sorts. Going up her arms, it reaches her hands and is shaped almost as if she were wearing gloves. Golden rings are seen here also as sort of like arm bands. Her neck is covered in a circular piece also gold in color. There's also the sash which has a thicker like piece in the middle. Draping down from it is a purple tabard that's also with a gold trim around it. The same bands I mentioned earlier are also seen on her legs. Below her bra is also a straight gold band of fabric. Obviously gold plays central to this cosplay XD.

For footwear, Stella is wearing golden heels with a band wrapped around near her ankle. The wig is really beautiful and in a gorgeous shade of deep purple (least that's what I want to say, it also could be dark blue!). On top of that is a crown of sorts that has a pretty simple design. The slightly larger gold piece that's coming down is either a part of it or is attached somehow on its own. Maybe by a clip? Stella also has a spell tome as a prop and it's colored purple and gold. Based on that notion, my only guess is that it resembles the spell Nosferatu, or some other dark magic spell in the game. The cape is pretty dang huge and is purple on the inside and outside. Only varying in shades :).

Seriously the photos are absolutely incredible and are worthy to use if you're looking for a new background for your phone or laptop. Stella's such a sweet person and I'd more than likely let her hex me anytime as Tharja :3. Enjoy the pictures guys!

Photo by Chris Kwock
Photo by Sorairo-Days
Photo by Vaxzone

I can't recommend Stella Chuu's work enough for you guys. Not only this cosplay but there are so many others where she looks incredible in. From her Judy Hopps, to her Overwatch lingerie concept (appropriately dubbed Underwatch). Her Patreon is also full of neat stuff from what I've heard! Please check out the links below. :)

What's Popular?