Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Elena Blueskies' Chrismas Morrigan!


Yes I know that Christmas was nearly 2 months ago but just hear me out on this one ok? The past few weeks and months have involved me happily finding new cosplayers and Elena Blueskies is definitely one such person! I had originally planned on featuring her Chun Li since that was one outfit she did multiple versions of. Then I saw this style for Morrigan and me still wishing Christmas lasted a lot longer, I just had to gush about it for you all today! Elena takes the classic look that Morrigan is well known for (well developed areas and all) and basically adds in the red and white colors that the holiday is known for. A shiny red leotard makes up for the base suit with white fur up near the chest area. There's also the addition of long black gloves that go up to the fur section. Elena also has light brown/tan stockings for her legs which in all honesty look amazing in some of the shots.


The cosplay is then wrapped up with simple black heel shoes! Morrigan gets even more into the holiday spirits with her typical bat wings traded in for a more light and translucent color! The frame of the wings look to be done with some kind of wiring and covered up in white. What's in between them is a faintly light see through material that's almost like a shiny gold in terms of color! The bat wings on top are replaced with reindeer horns and are seen here attached via a headband. Elena has a beautiful mint green wig to bring the whole cosplay together!

The photoshoot was done at a studio just by looking at the background of the pictures. A decorated Christmas tree is in the background along with presents in the front. Elena does a variety poses from standing up to laying down in order to give a full look/scope of her wings. I love how gorgeous and cute everything looks and Elena did a fantastic job on this cosplay! So excited to meet her at Katsucon! :D




All Photos by Cantera Image!

Below is a link to Elena Blueskies' page which I highly recommend you check out. In addition to the Chun Li outfits I mentioned at the beginning, she also has some rad things planned for Katsucon which I plan on featuring for sure <3

What's Popular?