Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: League of Larcy's Glaceon!


One cosplay I've been looking forward to for awhile was this super adorable Glaceon gijinka that my friend League of Larcy was working on for the past few months. It's pretty much completed as of now but photo wise, she hasn't gotten a chance to shoot it yet. Thankfully she was able to provide me some pictures so now I get to really dive in as to what makes this cosplay so rad and cute! As far as I'm aware, this is Larcy's first Pokemon gijinka, Glaceon must be one of her favorite Eeveelutions to have her choose it. The whole concept seems to be that of a snowy maiden and the kimono is the stand out piece. Course you could argue that the crown/ears are as well! The kimono is blue in only two shades and has sleeves that drape down which start after the cuffs. Speaking of which, the cuffs and center lining are in white fur. Again, this highlights the snow/ice element that Glaceon represents. Fitting also that she has this finished right in the middle of Winter. Hopefully more photos around the snow can be taken for Larcy!


The dark blue areas of the kimono are mainly seen on the ends of the sleeves and in the center representing the sash holding the thing in place. A clear translucent belt can be seen wrapped around her waist as well. The wig is of a deep shade of blue matching parts of the kimono, Larcy even went and added small snowflakes to the sides that drape down which is such a rad touch. The crown I believe is made of foam or some sort of thick material that at first glance, it looks like it was done in plastic! Glaceon's ears can be seen pointing out of the crown which itself is made up of diamond shaped ice pieces.

Going further down the cosplay, Larcy has a white pantsuit/stockings to cover up her legs. Rounding out the cosplay is a pair of white heels too! The photos look to have been taken right in her backyard but that didn't stop Larcy from taking a few and editing them in a more snowy manner. I absolutely loved the end result and I hope I get to see this cosplay in person someday! Enjoy the other pictures guys!




Definitely check out League of Larcy's page for more cosplays around League of Legends and even more fun shenanigans that she probably gets herself into! Larcy's someone I'm keeping an eye on in terms of being excited to see what she'll make next :D

What's Popular?