Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Neradina Cosplay's Banjo Kazooie!


Someone had recommended me today's cosplayer not too long ago and I have to say she was quite the cutie. When it came to looking for an outfit to feature though this stood out not only because of how adorable it looked but also it was a character that's rarely seen cosplayed. Neradina Cosplay is out based in Australia and the outfit you see above is none other than a gijinka for Banjo Kazooie. As noted in the photos of the cosplay, the game holds a special place in Neradina's heart. So she thought why not make something to celebrate the character? The outfit itself is simple and no doubt looks incredibly comfy/easy to wear. Brown tank top with yellow booty shorts pretty much make up the cosplay. Yet the accessories/props make the cosplay stand out/more recognizable. For starters, Neradina has adorable bear ears attached on her head most likely via a headband.


Other accessories include a small blue backpack with a handmade version of Banjo's pal Kazooie. The bird itself looks to be placed slightly on top of the backpack but positioned so it's just looking over Neradina's shoulder. Much like how he's portrayed in the game. In the shots you can also see her holding up a jigsaw puzzle piece which is one of the primary collectible items you find in the game to progress through each level. Not only that, but hanging down from her shorts are an assortment of eggs which are also found in the game. From the very brief time I remember watching videos of the game being played, the eggs were used as an attack item.

Neradina is found out near some trees in the photos and given the cosplay itself, it's such a perfect fit. The outfit plays well with the background and definitely is bright in some areas for contrast. She's also seen wearing knee high brown socks and light brown boots. The little black spot on her nose is also a super cute touch too! Neradina did such a wonderful job on this cosplay that it instantly got me to follow her work. Maybe it'll do the same for you? Check out the pictures!



All Photos by Shiiva Cosplay!

For more info on Neradina's work, please check out her cosplay page! She's posted many upcoming teases to what 2017 will bring so it's definitely worth a look!

What's Popular?