Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jessilyn Cupcake as Mad Moxxi!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

On Jessilyn Cupcake's Twitter bio, the first thing you'll read is that she's Borderlands obsessed. That statement is backed up by her cover photo with a collage of her multiple Mad Moxxi cosplays. Said cosplays cover the bombshell's various iterations across the series so of course that's the outfit I'm sharing today. However what you'll notice is that this is Jessilyn's latest Mad Moxxi and either she went with a Halloween variant OR this is a look currently in the latest game with the Halloween event going on. Either way, first seeing this on my feed had me hooked immediately. I'm fully admitting that I'm a Mad Moxxi simp XD. 

Jessilyn definitely captured most of Moxxi's staple uniform choices in this version, from the wig covering one eye in some shots, to the fluffy sleeves and different arm sleeves. She also did a perfect job with the cel-shading look on her chest and face mostly. The iconic heart tattoo is there in addition to the way her chest is positioned (arguably one of Moxxi's ummm.....staple attributes). The top looks to be a corset top with an alternating orange and black pattern. Stripes are visible along with one cup being fully black while the other keeps that pattern intact. The skirt is covered in swirls which is ALSO reminiscent of Moxxi's other outfits.

For her legs, Jessilyn has different stuff going on much like her arm sleeves. One is alternating stripes while the other is a full orange fishnet covering. I can 100% say that set up is the same for her arms, with matching black leather gloves. The face makeup has me fangirling with how perfect it is. The dripping eye makeup traveling down along with the red circles is just so awesome! Orange eye-shadow alongside her super blue eyes and a deep red lipstick color. Resting on top of her wig is a small black witch hat with an orange sash along the rim. Small bones are attached as well as what looks like a dried up leaf.

Other elements of Jessliyn's cosplay include a bone necklace attached to a black choker, wrist cuffs on one arm, and a belt alongside the skirt. I'm certainly curious that with her multiple Mad Moxxi cosplays, if she reused certain parts to provide less work so to speak with its constructions. My best guess would be maybe the wig was used in a previous Moxxi cosplay? To wrap up this full gush post, I LOVE THE PHOTOS! Some of them were taken against a themed backdrop with various lights whereas others were taken outside near a house. The full range of photos do a wonderful highlighting each aspect of this cosplay.







I'm living for this cosplay and you're damn right I wanna see more of what Jessilyn can do since she definitely has a lot of sewing experience! If you guys want to view more pics and get an insight into her life, be sure to check out Jessilyn's Twitter below!
https://twitter.com/JessilynCupcake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3

Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?