Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Callisto Cosplay's Nightwing!

Photo by Brie Kaye Cosplay

Supporters of the blog will undoubtedly know that Nightwing is my all time favorite comic book character, having cosplayed as the character numerous times myself. Seeing others do various takes on the character always lights my day up so you best believe I wanted to gush on Callisto Cosplay's genderbend of the character! For the former boy wonder, Callisto is rocking a black skin tight leotard of sorts which is overlaid towards the bottom with a skirt but I'll get to that later on. Quickly detailing the portions on her head/face, Callisto is rocking long black hair with some blue dye added in towards the ends. Her mask is spot on with the shape and design of it. I'm curious if she made the mask herself or if it was bought somewhere cause I love how it looks! Prop wise, most of the shots I found show Callisto dual wielding Nightwing's weapon of choice. The ends of them have a blue wrap around them too!


Photo by Iscariot Photography

Nightwing's iconic emblem is front and center on Callisto's leotard and the coloring is absolutely beautiful. The ends are somewhat sticking outward and I can only hope they didn't end up poking her lots while moving around in this! The skirt is mainly black with the bottom ends being fully blue. This is a touch I really love and just overall the cosplay looks super comfortable to wear!

The pictures I grabbed don't really give off a clear view of Callisto's footwear but from what the first photo shows, it looks like long boots are what she's working with here. Heels can be slightly seen as well. The photos look to be against a building of some sorts, possibly during a convention where she wore this? Callisto does a great job with posing and I hope you all enjoy the other photos I found! Check them out :)


Photo by Iscariot Photography

Photo by Iscariot Photography



Definitely check out more of Callisto Cosplay's work by following the link below!
https://www.instagram.com/callisto_cosplay/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?