Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jess Blaze Cosplay's Jessie

You could safely say that I really REALLY enjoyed the Final Fantasy VII Remake which released earlier this year. Not just by my Review, but also with the fact that my main playlist on my iPod has a solid majority of tracks from its incredible soundtrack. Cosplayers were certainly on top of everything when it came to having outfits based around these updated looks to such classic characters. One such area was with the other members of Avalanche and how they were given MUCH more material to work with in comparison to the original. Jess Blaze cosplay has done outfits on several of the FF7 females but rather than sharing an Aerith or Tifa like I have in the past, her Jessie really stood out to me. Certainly in part to her fantastical facial expressions. The first shot alone gives a great glimpse at that. A good portion of the cosplay seems to be heavy on the somewhat normal looking clothes which I imagine gave Jess a break of sorts in the overall construction.

Like the other members of Avalanche, Jessie has a red bandanna wrapped around her forehead, which is somewhat covered in areas via the long brown wig that Jess has going on. I'm uncertain if the hair is Jess' actual look but either way it's beyond beautiful! A dark blue piece of fabric covers up part of her neck before transitioning into a sort sleeved black top. This top looks to have some sort of netting texture to it as well! One of the main pieces of the cosplay has to be the armored chest plate that Jessie has going on. Surprisingly, the overall design is plain when you consider Nomura's history of designing Final Fantasy characters.  Parts of this piece are very pointed in its shape, and you can see how smooth the shoulder pieces connect to the main portion. There's various points that are done in gold, almost like the piece has interlocking portions!

The main black shirt appears again before you arrive at forest green pants. Immediately at the top you'll spot a brown belt with some pouches attached. These pants don't go all the way down for coverage as one shot I have does provide a glimpse at the footwear. What you can see in Jess' movement are brown boots preceding an armored shin guard protector. These are the same shade as the armor as well as layered up. Those yellow points are also showcased here as well! I didn't forget about Jess' arm coverage! These consist of long black gloves that go to just about the elbows. A single silver armor plate is viewable on the tops of her hands in addition to a thin red strap! Check out the other fun photos of this cosplay!




I really do love Jess' overall attitude and personality which you can truly see through every finished shot of the cosplays she's worked on. An absolute delight to follow on social media, you guys definitely don't wanna miss out on some killer cosplays!
https://www.instagram.com/jessblazecosplay/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?