Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: April Gloria's Jester!


One area that has gathered a lot of fans and notoriety over the last year or so are the multitude of people who brought forth the show Critical Role. The show itself is a podcast centered story around a long running Dungeons and Dragons campaign headed by notable voice over/actor Matt Mercer. The collection of characters represented has of course led to no shortage of cosplays from the show. April Gloria is one such fan and her cosplay of the character Jester is absolutely stunning. Mainly going off the tail that's shown in the photos, I'm best guessing that Jester is some sort of demon? Fully colored in blue, April must have used some sort of airbrushing in order to get her skin to look like that. You've also got her hands and legs in that shade as well. Though I'm willing to bet that as far as the legs are concerned, maybe tights/pants were involved? April has done an absolutely fabulous job with the makeup and I'll get into that more down below!

The wig itself is of a much darker shade of blue and you have what looks to be spikes placed on each side of the wig. The spikes (upon me further looking at the photos) are the ends to black ram horns which look to be placed like some sort of crown up top. April is also wearing a small black choker with a heart shape in the dead center. The full outfit is a gorgeous gothic like skirt which definitely has some Victorian era flair in its design. Much of the piece here (mostly in the arms) have a see through look to them. The chest area also looks to have stars/constellations etched into it as well! In fact, that's even MORE APPARENT when you get to the skirt itself which has me fangirling.

Mostly with the design, it's a beautiful starry sky with the moon in view. Towards the bottom of the skirt, you also can see dolphins swimming and jumping through various waves. If this as a whole is how April interpreted Jester's design then I'm ABSOLUTELY FOR IT <3. Prop/weapon wise, April is wielding a giant lollipop that acts as a saw blade because why not? The swirls are done in pink with the lines in-between having a blue coloring. Definitely reminds me of cotton candy as it always does. There's also a giant blue bow placed right below so it's front and center when it comes to pictures. 


Speaking of which, I love how the photos here turned out. Alexandra Lee did a phenomenal job with the pictures and the post edits done really help bring Jester to life. April of course also rocked it in the posing department. Wielding the lollipop buzzsaw doesn't seem like it was too cumbersome and the outfit itself looks to have been super comfortable to wear! I really love the pink and dark cool colors used in the pictures. As is noted down at the bottom, April wore this cosplay during C2E2 so it certainly seems these were done within the convention hall itself. Up against the brick wall, I just adore how it all came together! I can only hope April's tail didn't get in the way or be too bothersome! Check out the other shots I found!
 


All Shots by Alexandra Lee Studios!

If you'd like to see more of April Gloria's work, be sure to visit her Patreon! Plus, her and OhMySophii have an amazing podcast together that I highly recommend. Hoping to get them both on my show this year :)
https://www.patreon.com/aprilgloria
Hot Glue and Bobby Pins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?