Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Nekostrophic's Nonnon


When I first saw images of this cosplay, I actively wanted to share this with you all cause oh man is this impressive looking :D. Nekostrophic here is cosplaying as Nonnon from the hit anime Kill la Kill and that certainly makes a lot of sense. The show is known for having its characters dressed in both outlandish and skimpy outfits. I mean have you seen what Ryuko and Satsuki look like all set for battle? In any case, let's start from the top! Neko has a tall marching band like hat that's black with a long white skull coming down from top to bottom. Towards the rim of the hat, you have a bright pink shade appearing. Within the skull's eyes are cute little hearts. These make another appearance in the massive shoulder cannons that Neko has which I'll get to in a bit!


For the hair, we've got a long and somewhat thin wig that comes down to just about the chest area. It's also pink which matches up well with the whole cosplay in general. Neko's top is cut off towards the bottom showing off skin in an area that's honestly common for all the females in the show. Three pink stars decorate the top in a triangle formation and you also have some pink patterns along the sleeves. At just about the elbows, she's got these spiked bracelets done in black with a pretty wide design to them.

Down her torso and stomach there's three white pieces in the shape of bones. I totally forgot about the shoulder pieces oops! Backing up for a sec, the shoulder cannons are large hexagons with a pink trim and white faceplate. As I mentioned earlier, there are hearts smack dab in the middle. The photos do a phenomenal job in making them look like they sparkle! Having recognizing the background to be the arcade area of Colossalcon, you can understand how there's ummmm not much going on in the pants area XD.\


To end off the cosplay, Nekostrophic has long black leggings with a pink strap of fabric along the upper areas. Concluding with pink heels which hopefully weren't too much of a struggle to walk in! The photos look like they had lots of lighting edits to sort of match the character's aesthetic. The light blue and pink certainly remind me of cotton candy, or the Miami Vice logo to some! It also looks like Neko has a marching band baton acting as her prop. That in itself has an interesting shape to it. Lots of these photos would make for wonderful backgrounds if you're inclined to do so. Check them out below :).




I swear I must have seen Nekostrophic's social media pages before when I was gathering these shots but now she's nowhere to be seen :(. She did such a phenomenal job on them and if anyone happens to know if she made a new link/handle please let me know!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?