Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Blackflame16 Cosplay's Tennis Princess Peach!


Photo by David Ngo


I was taken aback at how gosh dang cute Blackflame16 Cosplay looks as Princess Peach's Tennis outfit from the most recent tennis related entries in Mario's wide array of sports games. So much that of course I had to talk about it for you guys. Immediately I have to say that cosplays like this must be such a delight for cosplayers to wear if solely for the comfort level. Here, Ashmia doesn't have to worry about gigantic weapon props, or things protruding out of her back such as wings or shoulder plates. It's just a super simple dress perfect for playing tennis in most likely high heat temperatures. With pink being Peach's go to color, that's certainly in play with various shades on the dress!

Starting from the top, the collar is of a darker shade of pink with the upper area having swirls around it. The main portion is of the classic regular pink shade that Peach normally has in her dress. The blue brooch is also front and centered here too. Towards the end of the dress you have swirls making up the trim similar to the collar. White is seen here with a more darker shade rounding it out. It looks to have been done in the same material as the collar. For the wig, Ashmia chose a bright blonde wig parted just perfectly in the front. There wasn't a good shot I found to give a clear view of the back but trust me, it's a lengthy wig.

Peach's crown is also seated nice and neatly on the wig. Either attached with straps, a band or glue. Either way, it's certainly not going anywhere! One wrist can be seen with a sweatband and other than that, a tennis racket and ball are the only props needed for this cosplay. The racket is mostly pink and white to perfectly match the outfit. The photos were all taken outdoors and I just LOVE Ashmia's smile in them <3. Enjoy the pics guys!




All other Photos by Madster Cosplay & Photography!


Check out more of Ashmia's work over on Instagram ^_^
https://www.instagram.com/blackflame16/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?