Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azura Cosplay as Safi'jiiva!

Photo by Minearlblu

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I've mentioned this countless times over the years of knowing Azura Cosplay, but she really does have a desire to create some truly incredible cosplays. More so for her to continuously hone her craft and create some incredible set pieces. Today, I have her Safi'jiiva from the Monster Hunter series. My knowledge of this series is pretty much next to none so I'm going to assume that this creature (more accurately a dragon) makes its appearance in the latest entry. Alongside Pasha Cosplays and Fallen Cosplayer, they all did a Monster Hunter group for Katsucon in February! What I noticed instantly is that this satiated Azura's love for making headdresses. Previously she'd done similar builds for both Ghost as well as a Simba gijinka. As a whole you have the dragon head acting as a crown, a chest piece with an opening in the center, and a lower section that looks to be fabric mixed in with armor.

Photo by Mineralblu
You also have armguards and shoulder pieces that look to be held in place via straps underneath. Course I can't forget about the insane wings coming out the back! These look to be either attached to the chest piece or its own separate section. THERE'S ALSO A TAIL?! This definitely looks to be part of the lower part. What really stuns me about this whole cosplay is the fact that the texture really DOES look like something you'd see on an actual dragon. The shoulder pieces are covered in black spikes protruding out, and the wings even have an inner soft part done in a white like shade.

The dragon head piece is impressive as well. Teeth sticking out on the bottom with head spikes on the back. Eyes, nostrils, and plus the color change from black to red then white! The breastplate has similar black spikes along the opening. Sure Azura gave some sex appeal in the chest piece but I'm completely enamored by the whole cosplay. For her legs, she has what looks to be boots/heels all covered up in that same dragon skin!I love how the feet were positioned too! Claws extending out the end and really having that distinct shape.

Photo by Raymix1000

There's also a neck piece which looks to cover the full neck. I think also that this is Azura's natural hair which just works beautifully for Safi'jiiva. You can also see some hints of gold in certain areas, plus some of the shots really do highlight how red the skin is for the armor. Both the tail and wings are of a considerable length so I hope it wasn't too cumbersome for Azura to walk around in! This is definitely a cosplay I'd love to see in person someday <3. Be sure to check out the other photos I found!

Photo by Straight Outta Primorsk

Photo by Yenra

Azura is one cosplayer I just have the highest amount of respect for in terms of how serious she treats the craft. Her Patreon offers tutorials and some sexy content if that's your thing! Be sure to check it out for all her links. MISS HER SO MUCH!
https://www.patreon.com/azuracosplay
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?