Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Impressions: Bravely Default II


At 2019's Game Awards, Nintendo surprisingly announced a sequel (in a Final Fantasy sense) to Bravely Default for the Nintendo Switch. This had me incredibly excited and now even more so with an all new Demo being shadow-dropped last week during a Direct. Of course this meant I HAD to play through it! It's unclear whether the story in this demo will be in the full game or if this is a special stand alone tale but it certainly was enjoyable. I found it kinda interesting that much like a previous demo from this series, the main aspect/vibe was desert city and environment. Much like the other titles, Bravely Default II has you control a party of 4 heroes as you go on an overarching quest to recover the crystals of various elements. The job system and turn based combat also makes a triumphant return.



This also includes the concept of "Brave" and "Default" in battle. The former option allows you to expend BP to do multiple attacks in a row whereas Defaulting allows you to both defend and store up BP for future use. Right off the bat for this demo you have a variety of staple jobs to choose from so all my characters were outfitted in classes such as Black Mage, Monk, etc. I was somewhat shocked to see how difficult some parts were as I dealt with multiple game overs, that just meant I had to grind a bit to the level cap of 20. The demo ended with a clash between an Asterick holder. Those familiar with the BD series know that when defeating them, you gain access to a new job, thus I made Adelle a thief with monk being a secondary job.

What I've come to expect from these games is fully present. Mainly in terms of the music and art direction. The town you're placed in is absolutely gorgeous (even if it's desert themed which I've grown tired of hahaha) and the music hits all the same beats. I was instantly reminded of past games and how those tunes flowed. There's also a few sidequests you can partake in to get more items and gear for your crew.

The voice acting was enjoyable and I was somewhat used to the way the characters sounded. Most of these games consist of British accents and more! Having each individual comment after getting a critical strike or hitting a vulnerable weak spot was enjoyable. It didn't take me long in switching the battle speed to make fights go by in a flash.



Gotta love the desert XD


Much like other titles, you can view mini scenarios between your party in towns!




I very much enjoyed my time playing Bravely Default II's demo and am even more excited to play it when it releases in 2020 for the Nintendo Switch. NOW I CAN FOCUS ON FF7 REMAKE AND PERSONA 5 ROYAL!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?