Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Anhyra's Barbarian!


I'm bringing one intense lady for you guys today! Anhyra Cosplay went and created a Barbarian from the Diablo franchise and holy smokes does it look incredible :O. Specifically, it looks like it's the variation from the 3rd entry in the franchise. Lots of dark and gritty colors make up the whole cosplay including the massive axe Anhyra is wielding as her weapon. The layout of the cosplay seems to consist of a breastplate, massive shoulders and then a belt with multiple rugged straps traveling downward around her center, sides and back. Fur is also playing a huge part in this cosplay as it's pretty much everywhere. From her bracers, to the shoulder pieces and even what looks to be a shield in one of the shots :O. The armor patterning is pretty intense and the 3D like effects to add texture to the breastplate is freaking genius!

If I were to be more specific, it's all blood orange and silver/grey for the color makeup. The shoulders are identical in design yet one of them includes a literal block of fur on top of it XD. Pretty nuts overall but I love every part of this cosplay. The axe has a super cool design with its orange/gold trim on the face of the weapon. Other standouts include small things like chains hanging off the shoulders, spikes aplenty on Anhyra's bracers, plus the different types of straps hanging down off her belt! The shield is also massive with the rope strapping in the animal like head in which acts as the shield's face? Simply incredible guys!

My best guess would be foam and worbla were the main ingredients for some of this cosplay's construction. The long orange wig is super beautiful, plus Anhyra looks freaking badass with the added makeup. The photos and edits were all done by her so they really add to the ferocity that the Barbarian has in the Diablo games. Even her hip armor is different on each side! I can only imagine the amount of work and effort that went into creating this. Take a look at the other shots and let me know what you think!





From visiting her website, you can get a taste of what Anhyra likes to create. Each of her cosplays definitely has that superb gritty vibe to them. Her website has a plethora of information you guys can learn from her. Print store, social media links, even free tutorials! :O
https://anhyracosplay.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?