Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Starner Cosplay's Supergirl!


Arguably one of the beautiful things about cosplay is that characters can be portrayed countless amounts of times. Whether it's dozens of cosplayers jumping on the latest character of the timeframe or people cosplaying various iterations of one person. Everyone brings their own take to someone they identify with through their material choices, poses, and just overall vibe. You've no doubt have seen dozens of Supergirl cosplays either on my blog, online or at cons so I hope you'll permit me with sharing another one for today. Starner Cosplay does a phenomenal job cosplaying as Kara with an outfit that more closely (to me at least) looks like one of the Kryptonian's earlier outfits from the TV show. You've got the iconic blue top with Superman's symbol front and center. Around the waist is a golden belt before transitioning to the skirt.

The red skirt goes about as far down as you'd expect given Supergirl's overall design but what I find interesting is the shade choice. The red is a very darkened shade almost reminiscent of Superman in the Man of Steel film. It's also different when looking at Starner's attached cape which is a much brighter shade. The cheeky pic above also gives an idea as to what the blue top is (looks like a leotard)! You can also see some red lines etched in the top mainly along her sleeves. You've got the classic Supergirl poses such as Starner mimicking flying upwards, and battle ready stances with her fists raring to go. One other aspect of the cosplay that I love is her wig. 

It's absolutely the perfect blonde shade and length. I'm a sucker for long haired gals so this has me swooning <3. What's unknown to me is if this is a wig or her actual hairstyle. There are other shots of this set which are a bit more on the boudoir side for Star's Patreon! While I don't have those pics here, I can say that her preview shots on her Instagram involve a sleek looking red bra, so there's that! Check out the ones I do have down below!






All Shots by David Love Photography!

If you want to view more of Star's cosplay work and find her other links, be sure to visit her Instagram here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?