Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Phreshxbear's Vincent Valentine!

Photo by Headphone Studios

I've certainly got Final Fantasy VII on my brain since I recently completed the Remake (at the time of this being written up) over a weekend. Also I wanted to say thank you to those that have been supportive and understanding in me taking a hiatus from writing up cosplay posts. With that being said, Phreshxbear did an amazing Vincent Valentine that I just had to share with you all for today's write up. Vincent seems to be fan favorite FF7 character to cosplay as, since I've shared multiple cosplayers dressing up as the former Turk over the years. So what does Phresh have for her Vincent? For starters, the iconic red cape is prominent in all of the photos I found. The front side of it has multiple belts to connect it together along with the raised collar. From behind, you have it flowing a considerable length with it getting more tattered and full of holes as you get towards the very bottom.

Photo by Depth of Light
There's also a red headband across her forehead which then leads to a long black wig. One of Phresh's arms if a full black glove with various straps and studs among it. The other arm features Vincent's iconic golden arm. Here, it's done the way most cosplayers tend to interpret it. A long sleeve looks to be the base and gold pieces are then placed on top. This includes individual pieces for the fingers. After all of this, you then can see a full black suit that is most likely split into a bottom and top section.

The pants area looks to have various straps and buckles! The photos I found however don't give a full clear view of this, rather the emphasis seems to be on the golden claw and long red cape. Since these elements are what makes Vincent stand out as a character, I definitely don't fault the photographer for wanting to focus on them. Weapon wise, Phresh commissioned Shadokyn who did a phenomenal job in printing the iconic Cerberus gun, complete with three nozzles and all the ornate details placed on top.




Photo by Depth of Light


Based on the scenery of these shots, there's a strong part of me that wants to say this cosplay was debuted either at a MAGFest or Katsucon. Mainly since it looks like the Gaylord hotel was where Phreshxbear was when the shots were taken. The variety of poses and how each picture looks is simple astounding and I hope you all can agree with that! Check out the other pics I found!

Photo by Depth of Light

Photo by Depth of Light

If you'd like to see more of Phreshxbear's work, please follow the link below to her Instagram :D
https://www.instagram.com/phreshxbear/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?