Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: April Gloria's High Elf from ESO!



If there's one thing I know about April Gloria, it's that she absolutely adores the Elder Scrolls franchise. Having done several characters from Skyrim, it was only a matter of time before she dipped into the Online game. For today, April beautifully recreated a High Elf from ESO! What you'll find at the end of this writeup is a link to a full FB album and WIP pics! The album states that April started this cosplay in June of last year, with completion in February of this year plus its debut and proper shoot later on! I'm at first blown away by the fabric used in majority of this cosplay, the dark forest green is such a perfect fit. It really looks as if April went and looked for accurate fabric types for this! Said fabric is used for a neck cover, long arm sleeves and leg sleeves leading into BOOTS FOR DAYS <3.

You'll also find some brown in the way of straps for a variety of tools the High Elf is wielding. All the armor is done in a shiny shade of silver/grey. Speaking of which, mainly the armor is done on the sleeves and shoulders. The line cuts give off a winged look to them! There's also some small breastplate piece of sorts on top of the green fabric base. On the waist belt is a large buckle that extends downwards in almost a tabard like fashion. Etching is in place in what's probably an insignia for the high elves.

The straps have engraving in what's probably elven language and I love it a whole lot! On one side of April's waist you can also see brown pouches which look to be stuffed/inflated with something to make them look full. Weapon wise, you can see in some shots a long dagger of sorts sheathed and hanging loosely behind her. Oh and did I mention that April has a back cape flowing off like a badass? All of the photos were shot at a National Park so the scenery is really fitting for the character. I also love the elf ears and how the brown wig was styled!


As I've come to expect, April produced a truly high quality cosplay and you can really see the love and effort that went into this. Check out all the other shots she sent me to share with you guys!










All Photos shot by CG!

April Gloria is just one of those fun loving and hard working cosplayers who REALLY pays attention to her craft. To me, she's one individual you should be following and supporting! Check out her Patreon for more on tutorials and first looks! You'll also find her other social media links there <3.
https://www.patreon.com/aprilgloria
https://www.facebook.com/pg/aprilgloriacosplay/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1602515836466510
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?