Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Rachel Reeter's Aloy!

Photo by World of Gwendana

It's been awhile guys! Hope you've all been well, and I am happy to share the lovely Rachel Reeter as Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, after Jessica Nigri shouted out her stellar self in her latest build video. So with that intro out of the way, HOLY SMOKES this is one stellar outfit. There's a lot of fabric to be seen here but starting at the top, you have a beautifully long red/orange wig that parts down the side. After that, the fabric kicks in and you have multiple layers of them with a variety to boot. Tan looks to be the main color as it's placed on top of red and blue fabric. This is mostly seen towards the pants area of the full outfit. The top portion consists of a tan jacket of sorts that over a brown piece which looks to be a full covering for the top. You can see more layered up pieces of this section as you travel towards the belt area. I absolutely love the stitching look that's present throughout most of the cosplay.

Photo by Steven Nguyen
Multiple bead necklaces of different colors can be seen when you start traveling down the cosplay as a whole. For the bracers, Rachel has one side being a plain brown piece whereas the other has some of the game's tech attached to her which I believe is used for data collection or more so tracking the various goals in Horizon. Least that's certainly a guess I have due to never playing the game before. The pants themselves look to be fully brown and incredibly comfy to wear too! The photos were taken at a Katsucon (not sure which year) since I absolutely recognize the scenery both indoors and outdoors. 

Upon looking further at the pictures, both bracers have tech attached to them. There's also a lot of faux fur poking out at these parts. This makes another appearance towards the top area on Rachel's tan top. The wig is also seamlessly attached so I certainly can't tell if that's actually her real hair or not. The lighting on the photos is stunning and it reflects off of Rachel's face beautifully. I have lots of similar feelings to when I saw my friend Mink the Satyr shoot this same cosplay at the same convention no less!

Various leather pouches can be seen strapped to her waist in addition to what looks like some rope as well. One shot I found gives off a solid view of the footwear Rachel has going on. Multiple different fabrics are strapped on or slipped in, with fur poking out through the edges. It's unclear to me whether or not the shoes were manipulated via an already present base or if they were used as is. Dark brown in its shade and they certainly look comfortable to wear! The stitching pattern on the multiple items for Aloy is just super intricate. Rachel no doubt must have felt a huge surge of satisfaction upon wearing this and seeing the photos come back.

Photo by Kaze Photography

Photo by Steven Nguyen

Photo by World of Gwendana

This cosplay alone should be enough for you guys to follow Rachel's stunning cosplay work, and you can do so by checking out her Instagram below <3.

https://www.instagram.com/rachel_reeter/

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3

Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?