Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Diananomster's Lucca!

Photo by Kameraninja

Chrono Trigger still stands to many gamers as one of the most beloved JRPG's of all time. Combining what was known as the dream team of developers, the combat, branching story paths and lovable characters stand the test of time. Known for his work on the Dragon Ball franchise, Akira Toriyama served as the lead artists for the characters and enemy designs. Since these designs are still favored, you can bet cosplayers have flocked to creating outfits based on the characters. Enter in Diananomster and her brilliant recreation of Lucca. As the young inventor, Diana did a fantastic job with weaving in the various colors of Lucca's skirt. You have the bright orange mainly standing out which is overlaid against a grey/brown piece. This is seen mostly with the long sleeves being that color.

Photo by JwaiDesign
You also get to see an even brighter shade of orange with Diana's neckpiece that's wrapped around her up by the top. Traveling down the cosplay you can view various sashes which connect to several bags. There's one hanging down by her side, and another that's more like a much connected to a belt. The pouch is brown in color and really has that authentic leather look to it. For footwear, you got tall brown boots with socks poking out at the top. Of course this being Lucca, you can't go without talking about her iconic elements to the overall design.

Here, I'm mainly speaking about the helmet and blaster which is seen in another shot I gathered for you all. First off, the helmet is designed in such a way with a microphone attached to one end and peeking through towards Diana's mouth. This end is more fantastical in the structure with a large purple circle embedded in. The helmet looks to have the rim be done in armor making materials along with attachment to the very top which looks more soft in its form. I love how the rim has a very rusty look to it. As if Diana has already worn the cap in various adventures!

As for the blaster, it looks incredibly clean with its golden color and shine. I don't know if this was a modded toy gun, 3D printed or if she happened to find something that looked just like that, but either way it's definitely something Lucca would wield and ties the whole cosplay beautifully. Check out the other photos I found!

Photo by Kameraninja

Photo by Kevinertia

Photo by The Azur

I truly do love this cosplay as it does bring back fond memories of myself playing through Chrono Trigger through its DS port. Diananomster is a fantastic cosplayer and I highly recommend you all check out her work via Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/diananomster/ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3

Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?