Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Fudgie Monster's Pharaoh Yami

Photo by ASN Gaming NL

I feel like there's a solid amount of people (myself included!) that grew up enjoying the YuGiOh cartoon series and card game. No matter how cheesy the show could get, there was something about it that got a hold on me. Today, Fudgie Monster did an amazing cosplay of the alter ego that lived within the Millennium Puzzle. Specifically it's Yami as he was way back in his Egyptian Pharoah days. Right off the bat you get a look at the iconic hairstyle that Yami is decorated with. Various points, angles and triangles makeup the front portion and of course, it's all done in a shiny gold shade. Of the photos I found, there really isn't a good view of the back however you do get glimpses of it from the front. Hints of the black and red backing can be seen here. I'm really curious as to how this was placed up as my first guess is just a very elaborate hat of sorts.

Photo by ASN Gaming NL
The earrings you guys can see are slightly oversized as was typical of the concept art for this show, and then a blue scarf comes next! Decorating Fudgie's neck before moving on to the main outfit piece. A golden circular piece is seen with several red gems placed throughout. The Pharaoh's Millennium Puzzle can be seen hanging around his neck much like it is in the modern era. A white sleeveless shirt makes up the top portion followed by a golden waist sash and a grey tabard like piece coming down the middle. I don't know if the bottom section is just white pants OR if the entire white piece is altogether as one.

The blue neckpiece is actually connected to a long flowing cape that comes down all the way to Fudgie's leg armor/gear. Multiple gold wraps and bracers are placed alongside her arms with one of the bracers having an extension of sorts. Here you have a layered design of the same shape which has me wondering if this is what the Duel Disks were like back in the day. Finishing off the cosplay are of course the leg armor that I mentioned earlier. There isn't a shot which shows the full footwear but I imagine that what you see with the gold wraps on the legs is all connected in some way.

Photo by IM Photography

Photo by Papanotzzi
Photo by Paul Mike

I have no doubt that this cosplay as a whole was very comfortable for Fudgie Monster to wear at the con this was debuted at. She looks incredibly regal and like pure royalty, the photos simply are amazing to look at!

Check out Fudgie Monster's gorgeous work below!
https://www.instagram.com/fudgie_monster/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?