Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ultra Girls Cosplay's Pikachu and Raichu!


Bringing in the new year with some badass cosplays! You guys remember Ultra Girls Sophie and Cissa right? I got a pretty awesome cosplay pair of outfits they both did together a few months back! Both of them did armor versions of Pikachu and Raichu respectively as you can see from the picture above. These gijinkas came out so well and I loved how they both utilized EVA foam and Worbla for certain areas of the outfits. One such area are the bracers which have a similar pattern but differentiated from the colors of the Pokemon itself. Sophie being a bright Yellow with black accent marks, and Cissa being Orange instead. Certain parts of these cosplays stand out such as the make up that both the girls utilized. The eye liner effects look fantastic as do the red and yellow spots that they painted on their cheeks. It looks as if Sophie and Cissa used their natural hair but it wouldn't surprise me if those are actually wigs. Whatever the case, the hair looks so beautiful!

For the signature ears, both girls used different methods. Cissa looks to use hair clips attaching the short round ears whereas Sophie used a headband with the long ears attached to them. These look to also have been done with a sturdy material. Same with the breast plates and the tail ends. Oh! Can we talk about how freaking amazing those look? Both tails match their respective Pokemon and look to have been done with foam. The ends are attached to a long black pipe which I assume is connected to their back areas.

The pictures I have for you guys only show up to their waist so I can't really say what the remaining parts look like. My apologies on that :/. Getting back to the tails for a minute, Cissa's is more rounded and curved whereas Sophie's is straight and pointed. Like I mentioned above, it matches with the actual designs. The photos taken look beautiful. The nature setting is perfect, as if you're a wandering trainer not expecting to see a wild Pikachu and Raichu together! The little inserts of fur throughout the armor is an awesome touch as well. Both Sophie and Cissa worked so hard on these cosplays and the end result is magical! Hope you guys enjoy the pictures :D




All Photos by Matt Thompson Photography!

Here's a link to the Ultra Girls' FB page if you haven't liked their work yet! Always excited to see what these 2 are gonna be making next :)
https://www.facebook.com/UltraGirlsCosplay

What's Popular?