Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ultra Girl Sophii's Juliet Starling!


Following the Ultra Cosplay Girls has been an absolute delight since I really see the passion that both Sophii and Cissa have for cosplay along with making their outfits and attending conventions. When I learned that Sophii had a Juliet Starling cosplay being created for a few cons ago, I just had to feature it. The pictures that came back did not disappoint either. Here, Sophii chose Juliet's default outfit of the San Romero Knights cheerleading outfit. The quality of the cosplay definitely looks to be of top quality. I have to wonder also if that's Sophii's real hair or she just found a really good wig for her. The pics make it hard to differentiate between them. What's perhaps the most impressive part of this Juliet cosplay as is every single one, is the chainsaw.

Photo by Axela Media
The infamous Chainsaw looks to be made with wood and various other materials for the bottom bulk that holds the main blade part. The heart shapes on the top and bottom of the blade are expertly cut and I have to commend Sophii on doing such an incredible job on this. The cosplay has Juliet's parts down pretty well such as the top, pleated skirt, and knee high socks along with the high school's name on it.

Pose wise, Sophii really captures the character's "don't give a f***" attitude with so much sass, especially when you throw in the lollipop seen in some shots. She definitely has a lot of love for the characters she's cosplayed as and I've just been excited since day one to see her and Cissa grow as cosplayers as they travel to more conventions!  The cosplay as a whole works well for her! Enjoy the other pictures guys :D.





Photo by Axela Media
Photo by Axela Media
Please consider checking out Sophii and Cissa's work on their FB page! They have nothing but a positive attitude in this community and they've got an exciting lineup of new cosplays planned :D

What's Popular?